1. Create a Regpack account and complete the online brigade application, indicating your preferred brigade date and role. You will immediately receive a submission acknowledgment email. You are not yet approved for a spot on the brigade. Please do not purchase flights.
2. Within one week of submitting your application, you will receive an email indicating whether or not your application has been approved. If approved, the email will contain instructions on accessing the informational letter for your trip (includes details on booking flights, immunizations, etc.).
3. Renew passport and medical license, if applicable. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after last day in Honduras, and medical licenses must be valid for the duration of the trip.
4. Purchase flights (according to guidelines in the informational letter) and schedule immunization appointments, if necessary.
5. Any time after approval, return to the Regpack account you created when you submitted the initial application. Complete the follow-up items in your account no later than 4 weeks prior to your brigade departure date. The progress bar on your account will help you keep track of your progress. It is not necessary to complete all the items at once. You can return to the account at any time.
Follow-Up Items May Include:
· Emergency Contact and Medical Information
· Background Check Request and Authorization
· Photo and Written Release
· Submission of passport and medical credentials (if applicable)
· Willful Participation Form
· Flight Itinerary
· Program Fee Payment (if applicable)
6. About 4 weeks prior to the trip, you will receive an email with details for a Pre-Trip Informational Call and reminders about any outstanding follow-up items.
7. About 3 weeks before the trip, clinical participants will receive a role-specific email providing further details on cases scheduled for surgery as well as equipment, supplies, and medications available at the surgery center.
8. Attend the Pre-Trip Informational Call (usually scheduled for 2 weeks prior to trip) to learn more about the brigade week scheduling and packing and travel tips.